Friday, August 01, 2008

Grand Theft Auto IV - Just beginning

I've just started playing Grand Theft Auto IV and already I'm beginning to get withdrawal symptoms from being away from Liberty City. I know I'm a bit late in buying it, but I'm usually forced to wait a lot longer after release before I buy A+ titles! Just graduated and job hunting! It is absolutely incredible as everyone has said, and being developed in Scotland makes it just that bit more flavoursome. This is fantastic for the increasingly successful games industry here.
Good to know that America is not wholly responsible for such a contribution. I have a feeling I'll not need a new title for a long time, so I'll post about the sights and sounds and all the best bits as and when they happen.
I love the ironic adverts and jokes in the game. It's peculiarly Scottish - this kind of humour - whether it's about ourselves or other people. Some may find it irritating but you can't live in Scotland without being able to 'take a joke' as they say.
Sandbox environments are not necessary in creating top class games, but you cannot help but be impressed by them, especially when there are so many side quests available, which add considerable longevity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Books Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory