Friday, July 04, 2008

Video Game Influence

While I'm thinking about video game influence on our society, I need to mention a video I watched recently on the internet involving a particular comedian who I'd better not name. I get the impression that he is actually against the (sadly) common belief that video games are responsible for all of the world's ills. On the stand up show, he starts on the whole 'game violence' topic, but jokes about the idea of retro games affecting children. Well, It's kind of difficult to be influenced by two paddles and a square moving between!
What about Pacman? You see, this is a strange one, because people ARE actually influenced by it! Sitting in a room all day, listening to repetitive music and munching on pills...
Why don't we start blaming it for all the drug problems in the world!!

1 Comments:

At 10:45 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any interest in syndicating your blog on gamernook.com? We're gonna for a few featured bloggers in gaming, so maybe we can help drive a bit of traffic.

Message me here

-Evan

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Books Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory