Wednesday, September 03, 2008

GTA IV Progress - How awful is (was) Vlad?

I've recently had the chance in between shifts to really get to grips with GTA IV. I'm not attempting to review the game in this post, but I'm inclined to agree with the 'great but not perfect' crowd. Mainstream reviewers did deem it the game to end all games - However, I did notice a good number of user reviews, especially on GameFAQS, that did not like the game at all. 2 out of 10 was the predominant score! It is fantastic, and should be played, but there are a few flaws that I'll talk about another time...

To be honest, I'm not quite sure how the plot will develop, but I think Niko is a fantastic lead character. Although he is a violent criminal, there is definitely something likeable about him. I imagine this is maybe part of the reason the game is so successful.

On the other hand, Roman's associate Vlad is one of those awful people the world could do without. From the first meeting, you as the player, really despise him and if you're anything like me, you'll wonder when rather than if he'll meet with a sticky end! Sorry for a possible spoiler, considering there are multiple paths through the game, but his execution on the spot came a lot earlier than I expected. It might not have been the most gory moment in gaming ever (a bullet through the eye is fairly tame now), but it was so satisfying. This is a violent game, and some may abhor that aspect, but on this occasion they should make an exception!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Books Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory