Friday, August 31, 2007

Gamecube

Although I've never really been a Nintendo person but I couldn't resist buying a Gamecube when it was only £20. I guess the idea was that it would be a communal console for my flat considering all the good multiplayer 'Mario derived' games out there. (kart racing, golf, etc) After visiting some games shops & speaking to the staff I concluded that they were effectively trying to get rid of their stocks of pre-owned Gamecubes; many staff also deemed the Gamecube to be heavily under-rated. I would tend to agree, despite not really knowing anything about the machine (yet). I imagine that this is largely because the Gamecube is regarded as less powerful than the Xbox and PS2; the game discs are also smaller meaning they store less data, although some of the more complex games are released over 2 discs to avoid storage capacity problems. It is obvious the target audience for the Gamecube is younger than for other machines, purely by the style of the games released. However, these are apparently some of the most fun games to play and with 4 controllers, they should make for some good banter, maybe...
Having said this, I did also notice that there are a fair few adult orientated titles as well - the remake of the Resident Evil series being the one to note for me.
Considering the slightly over-priced next gen machines, I imagine the Gamecube will be a good investment...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Books Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory