Monday, November 17, 2008

Working as a Game Designer...

As I think I 'mentioned' (at least once) in a previous post, I'm currently on a work placement at a video games company in Dundee.
It's absolutely fantastic, the job, and whole industry... I can't really begin to say how much I'm enjoying it. It's absolutely true, the fact that designers must the 'jack of all trades' type of person. I think many people would be surprised to learn about some of the very varied tasks a designer faces on a daily basis. Some are of course regarded as more enjoyable than others, but so far I'm thoroughly enjoying everything, even the mathematical, spreadsheet work, which I would never have anticipated! This is an incredible, satisfying career that I think many take far too lightly, but it's possibly one of the toughest around. The future is very bright indeed...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Books Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory