Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Assassins Creed

Assassins Creed has certainly been one of those next-gen games to catch my attention, and although I've been loosely following it's progress, I must admit, I didn't expect it to be released so soon. Anyway, I've just looked at a few American reviews of the game, and they both surprised me to say the least. This game was hyped as the experience to define next-gen, and it certainly was on my purchase list, but now I'm not so sure. One article heads the whole review as the 'the first next-gen disappointment', with the other allocating it a very average 3.5 stars. Although the game is far from mediocre, I would have expected much better, and it doesn't seem like it's going to go down in history as a legendary title.
The game is designed to be fully free roaming, whereby the player can scale any building in any of the game's 3 entirely living, breathing cities. This already sounds fantastic, however, I get the impression from these reviews that the game is actually all a display of next-gen technical prowess, with no 'glue' to hold it all together. Apparently, it's very repetitive and also has an 'dry' combat system.
I don't know what to make of the criticism, I really does look the part after all. Will it be worth the cash?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Books Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory