Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I could do that if I wanted...

There was always that kid in school, that no matter what you've done, you can guarantee that he's done it twice as well, or at least something twice as well. In a similar fashion, there were always kids that would come out with the almost comical; 'I could do that, I just don't want to...'
Interestingly, the latter is remarkably true of later life... Coming up with concepts for video games is something that a lot of people think they could 'just do' if they tried. I wouldn't say I could 'just do' law if I tried.
Ok, in a strange sense, I suppose you can do anything if you set your mind to it. However, it's the facile nature people tend to associate with certain very demanding careers. As I have learned recently, game design hides a great deal of blood, sweat and tears, so to speak. And it's fantastic!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Books Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory